Last Updated 27-Feb-2010
Contest Results from the Latest Contest
The Participants Call Signs from your Location Summary Document [download PDF version here] [download MS Word version here] will be posted as they are received. This provides a good way for you and your participants to verify that your entries have been received in good order.
Your energy and participation are greatly appreciated, and they are pivotal to the continued success of the CQ-WE Contest. Please continue to send your comments, suggestions for improvement, and email address updates to the National Coordinator throughout the year.
Location Codes and Coordinators Page
So that new and former Contest participants may contact the appropriate Location Coordinator, and participate in the CQ-WE Contest, it is important that the Location Codes and Coordinators page shows the correct information for Local Coordinators and Location Codes.
Therefore, please keep the National Coordinator updated throughout the year if any of the following things change for you (the Location Coordinator), or for your location:
- Your Call Sign
- Your Name (as you would like it published)
- Mailing Address
- Phone Numbers - at Home and at Work
- Your Email address
- Status - Active/Retired
- Location Code
- Location Name (as you want it to appear for the contest)
- Description of the geographic area that your Location Code covers. (for example: Location Code AC covers AT&T buildings in Basking Ridge, Morristown, Bridgewater, Parsippany, Warren and Piscatawy, NJ)
- Specify how participants may contact you: Phone? Email? US Mail? All?
- For those participants who do not have Internet access, will you be able to mail the contest packet to them, or do you want them to send a self addressed stamped envelope (SASE)?
- Do you have Internet access?
Location Coordinator's Responsibilities
Host Location's Responsibilities
- Represent the participants in your Location.
- Advertise the contest to the best of your ability to attract the largest number of participants. Give special effort to contacting retirees within your jurisdiction.
- When prospective participants contact you, make sure they qualify, have access to the rules, and are correctly identified with your Location Code, before you acknowledge them for this year's contest.
- Support the participants by providing assistance and coordination for the timely printing and/or distributing of the contest packets as may be necessary.
- Collect the participant's entries and check them for accuracy as follows:
- Make sure each entrant has included the check sheets, log sheets, and the score sheet.
- Make sure the NUMBER of locations on the check sheets matches the NUMBER that is on their score sheet.
- Check the math on the score sheet. Check for multipliers and dupes.
- Make sure all the personal information at the bottom of the score sheet is filled out.
- Summarize your location's scores on the Location Summary Document [download MS Word version here] [download PDF version here] and send it, along with the participants' forms you receive, to the National Coordinator. These materials should be sent by postal mail as soon as possible, after allowing sufficent time for participant mail postmarked by Dec 1 to reach you, but in any event no later than Dec 31st. Email may be used in lieu of postal mail if all documents, including contestant materials, can be sent as email attachments. Contestant entries received late should never-the-less be forwarded to the National Coordinator. We will probably list them in the results, but they will not be eligible for a special award.
The primary responsibility of the Host Location is to Design, Print, and Distribute the Certificates awarded to CQ-WE Contest Participants and Winners. This is a tradition that has made CQ-WE so special for all the participants over the past 40+ years. It is your opportunity to proudly tell everyone about your Works Location!
Don't Believe It??? Take a look at the Certificate Gallery. It tells much of the story of the dedication and commitment to CQ-WE from each of the Host Locations.
Location Summary Document Template: [PDF version] [MS Word version]
CQ-WE National Coordinator's Mailing Address
-- Back to CQ-WE Home Page --